COVID-19: The Impact
Saying anything about it is like carrying coal to Newcastle, as many of you are well aware of what is happening around and must have taken necessary measures. If not, my advise that this is going to impact all of us some way or other and we can minimize the impact by taking precautionary actions.
Pandemic is not a word to use lightly or carelessly. It is a word that, if misused, can cause unreasonable fear, or unjustified acceptance that the fight is over, leading to unnecessary suffering and death.
It will have 3 impacts generally on everyone (refer: Singaporean Prime Minister)
Everyone who is addressing COVID-19, is at least focusing on, we do not need to be frightened rather remain careful, minimize the unnecessary movement and socializing and even those which are compulsory to a bare minimum.
Can we avoid the COVID-19
At this point with kind of numbers we are getting that is doubling every week, we might not able to shy away from this, but definitely with proper management and precautionary measures can minimize its long term impact.
Measures like delaying it (Flattening the curve) and with the controlled response we can reduce the impact.
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- There is currently no specific treatment for coronavirus.
- Antibiotics do not help, as they do not work against viruses.
- Treatment aims to relieve the symptoms while your body fights the illness.
At the end
Let me give you some other words that matter much more, and that are much more actionable.
We’re in this together, to do the right things with calm and protect the citizens of the world. It’s doable.